Flagler County Innovation Technology Department provides secure and reliable information technology and communications infrastructure along with the IT products, services and knowledge necessary to streamline operations and deliver the highest quality service.
Innovation Technology provides not only typical IT services, but provides video production services, E911 Addressing, GIS (Geographic Information System), interoperable communication system - also known as the public safety radio system or 800MHz radio system - as well as the public safety software system, or computer-aided dispatch.
The Innovation Technology Department provides IT services to the Flagler County Board of County Commissioners and county departments, the Flagler County Sheriff’s Office, the Flagler County Tax Collector, and the City of Flagler Beach - including its police and fire departments. Innovative Technology also provides limited IT services to the Clerk of Court, Property Appraiser, Supervisor of Elections, City of Bunnell, City of Palm Coast, Court Services, State Attorney's Office, including Judicial and the office of the Public Defender.
Innovation Technology consists of seven distinct functional groups:
- Support Services operates a help desk for all employees of all supported entities to assist with any IT problems experienced. Support Services provides support via telephone, remote access, and site visits as necessary.
- Infrastructure Support handles all network infrastructure maintenance, server administration, server maintenance, telephony, and internet related issues.
- Applications Support handles all email, software (including public safety software), data, and website support.
- GIS utilizes a computerized system for storing, retrieving, analyzing, and utilizing geographic or spatially related information.
- E911 provides for the management of the E 9-1-1 System and ensures the accuracy and reliability of the local 9-1-1 Service. This includes continuous timely revisions and maintenance to the various E911 location databases, the E911 GIS mapping information used for locating callers, as well as the management of the E911 equipment needed to receive and process 9-1-1 calls.
- Interoperable Communication System is responsible for providing countywide public safety two-way radio communications, fire alert paging, radio dispatch console systems and microwave linking systems for Flagler County.
- Video Production operates and maintains the systems necessary for Flagler County to broadcast on a local cable government access channel (Spectrum 492), as well as internet stream meetings and workshops. Video production also shoots and produces videos for multiple county departments.