County Attorney FAQ

1. Does the county attorney represent private citizens? 
          No. The county represents the Flagler County Board of County Commissioners and its departments.

2. Is the county attorney the same as the state attorney?
No. The state attorney handles criminal cases, the county attorney does not. Call the state attorney at 386-313-4300. The public defender represents income-eligible defendants in criminal cases. Call the public defender at 386-313-4545.

3. Can the county attorney provide foreclosure assistance?
No, but see State Housing Initiatives Partnership (SHIP) for foreclosure prevention information, or contact Community Legal Services of Mid-Florida, Inc. at 800-405-1417.

4. If I need legal help and cannot afford an attorney, what can I do?
Community Legal Services of Mid-Florida, Inc. (CLSMF) provides legal advice for various issues, including foreclosures, debts and collections, special education, domestic violence, simplified divorce, evictions, housing discrimination, and taxes. Clients must be income-eligible for services. Contact CLSMF at 800-405-1417.

5. I have a problem with a business, what can I do?
For consumer problems, contact the Division of Consumer Services at 800-435-7352 or 800-HELP-FLA.