October 6 and 7, 2016
- Matthew was a Category 3 hurricane as it approached Flagler County. Tropical storm conditions were experienced locally.
- At its closest, Matthew's center was 60 miles offshore. The west side of the cyclone brushed the coast.
- Wind gusts were 86 mph in Flagler Beach.
- Flagler County did not experience sustained hurricane force winds, but it is possible they were briefly sustained along the immediate beaches.
- The storm surge was 6 to 7 feet, which is the largest surge measured in the last 50 years.
- The surf overwashed the barrier island north of MalaCompra Road.
- Hurricane Matthew brought 5 to 6 inches of rain to Flagler County.
- Matthew was the strongest tropical cyclone to impact the county since 1898.