Utility Maintenance Technician II
Under general supervision, the purpose of this position is to repair and maintain collection and distribution lines, lift stations and mechanical equipment such as meters, valves, plant lines, and other equipment related to the utility division by performing routine to complex inspection and maintenance duties to ensure efficient and effective operation of systems and equipment.
- Routinely operate equipment including backhoes, dump trucks, wastewater line cleaning and inspection equipment as required for routine and emergency operation and repairs.
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble; dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections, repairs and replaces defective parts.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments, lubricates and clean parts.
- Starts devices to test their performance, repairs electrical equipment.
- Inspect and repair lift stations, maintain a log of performance and all work done.
- Inspect and repair collection and distribution lines, replace water meters as needed, flush hydrants and operate gate valves.
- Ensures that plant facilities, lift stations and grounds are kept clean, neat and orderly.
- Performs other duties or special projects as requested related to the area of responsibility.
- May serve on Emergency Call duty or work on shifts.
- Performs related work as required.
Minimum Qualifications: High School Diploma or equivalent. 3-years responsible experience with a permitted water and wastewater utility system, including customer service experience.
Must possess a Water Distribution System Operator License issued by the Florida Department of Environmental Protection. Must possess a valid State of Florida Driver’s License, and the ability to obtain a class B CDL within six months of employment. County Application and Resume should be sent to: Flagler County Human Resources Department, 1769 E. Moody Blvd., Building #2, Bunnell, FL 32110 or apply online at www.flaglercounty.org. Annual Salary Range: $26,790.40-$43,388.80. Position is open until filled. Flagler County is a Drug Free Workplace. EOE/VP
Physical Demand: Heavy
Ability to load, unload and move equipment and tools weighing up to 100 lbs.
Work involves standing, walking distance, stooping, and kneeling.
Required to push and pull and must be able to work below ground levels and climb.
Expressing or exchanging ideas by spoken word or perceiving sound by ear.
Good eye sight for production or safety of self and others.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled