Emergency Management Coordinator
Flagler County is accepting County applications and resumes for the position of Emergency Management Coordinator. This is highly responsible professional work in the planning and coordination of the Emergency Management programs of Flagler County. Works closely with those agencies and organizations responsible for the public safety and welfare of Flagler County’s residents, visitors, and businesses. This is a professional position working independently under the general direction of the Emergency Management Chief. This position will provide oversight to emergency management personnel, volunteers, and/or interns. This position may serve as the emergency management lead in the absence of the Emergency Management Chief.
- Develops and enhances the County’s Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan and related plans and programs in a manner consistent with federal, state, and local emergency management regulations and standards.
- Researches and writes applications and prepares claims to secure funds and other available assistance through State and Federal agencies
- Develops and documents emergency management related processes.
- Works closely with partners from government agencies, non-profit organizations, and business and community leaders to improve community preparedness and resiliency.
- Identifies and documents community threats, hazards, capabilities and gaps in a manner consistent with federal, state, and local guidance.
- Develops, conducts, evaluates, and participates in training and exercises on plans, procedures, and emergency management standards.
- Develops and utilizes diverse planning teams to ensure for the representation of the whole community; that include but are not limited to government agencies, civic leaders, businesses; as well as variety of non-governmental organization.
- Develops local government disaster preparedness and other emergency operations plans including research, scheduling meetings, coordinating input from various sources and assembling data into final form to comply with existing policy and procedures.
- Develops and conducts public education, training and outreach.
- In the event of an emergency or crisis situation, must be available for extended periods as required.
- Provides guidance and supervises emergency management personnel, volunteers, and interns.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management personnel.
Minimum Qualifications: Graduation from an accredited college with a Bachelor’s degree in emergency management/planning (or related field). Five years of progressively responsible full time experience in local government emergency management. Preference given for a Master’s degree in emergency management/planning. Preference given for at least 1 year of full time supervisory experience. Must possess a valid State of Florida Class ‘E’ driver’s license with a driving record acceptable to the County. Must have completed FEMA Emergency Management Institute’s IS-100, IS-200, IS-700, IS-800, G-300, G-400, L-449, and Professional Development Series. Must obtain certification as a Florida Professional Emergency Management (FEPA) or Certified Emergency Manager (IAEM) within 1 year. Salary: $60,000 – $70,000. Please send completed County Application and resume to: Flagler County BOCC, Human Resources, 1769 E. Moody Blvd., Bldg. #2, Bunnell, FL 32110 or apply online at www.flaglercounty.org. VP/EOE
MUST ATTACH RESUME
Deadline for Applying : Apr 25, 2018