Emergency Management Planner
Flagler County is accepting County applications and resumes for the position of Emergency Management Planner. This is specialized professional work involving the preparation, implementation, exercising, and training of the County’s emergency plans and programs in a manner consistent with Local, State and Federal regulations and standards. This is a professional position working with limited guidance from the Emergency Management Chief or designee.
- Assists in the development and enhancement of a variety of emergency operations plans, procedures, strategies, and programs utilizing the planning processes outlined by federal, state, and local emergency management regulations and standards.
- Assists in the Identification and documentation of community threats, hazards, capabilities and gaps in a manner consistent with federal, state, and local guidance.
- Assists in the conduct and evaluation of, and participates in, training and exercises on identified plans, procedures, and emergency management standards.
- Participates on diverse planning teams to ensure the representation of the whole community; that include but are not limited to government agencies, civic leaders, businesses; as well as variety of non-governmental organization.
- Assists in the development of local government disaster preparedness and other emergency operations plans including research, scheduling meetings, coordinating input from various sources and assembling data into final form to comply with existing policy and procedures.
- Develops and conducts public education, training and outreach.
- Assists in the review and update of mutual aid agreements with contiguous counties and local agencies.
- Researches and identifies hazardous vulnerabilities and maintains data/records regarding hazards and historical disaster background as it relates to the County.
- Maintains updates and data inputs for the Critical Facility Inventory and Resource Listings.
- In the event of an emergency or crisis situation, must be available for extended periods.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management personnel.
Minimum Qualifications: Must have graduated from an accredited college/university with a Bachelor’s degree in emergency management/planning (or related field). Preference for those with one year of full time experience in emergency planning at the local government level. Must possess a valid State of Florida Class ‘E’ driver’s license with a driving record acceptable to the County. Must have successfully completed the FEMA Emergency Management Institute’s Professional Development Series. Salary: $40,000 – $45,000. Please send completed County Application and resume to: Flagler County BOCC, Human Resources, 1769 E. Moody Blvd., Bldg. #2, Bunnell, FL 32110 or apply online at www.flaglercounty.org. VP/EOE
MUST ATTACH RESUME
Deadline for Applying : Apr 25, 2018