Flagler County Government is currently accepting applications for the position of Firefighter/Paramedic. Verification of required licenses / credentials must be submitted with the employment application. Currently all pre-employment testing will be conducted by Flagler County Fire Rescue, which consists of a written and practical assessment of Fire and EMS. The complete testing process and practical fire assessment will be available for each candidate in writing prior to testing date. Apply online at www.flaglercounty.org or send application to: Flagler County BOCC, HR Department, 1769 E. Moody Blvd., #2, Bunnell, FL 32110. Flagler County is a Drug-Free Workplace. Applicants will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test and NFPA 1582 medical physical.
- High School Graduate or acceptable equivalency diploma
- Must possess a valid Florida driver’s license with a driving record acceptable to the County
- Firefighter Minimum Standards requirements under Section 633.34-35
- State of Florida Paramedic certification and AHA/Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification
- Must “be a nonuser of tobacco products for at least 1 year preceding application, as evidenced by the sworn affidavit of the applicant.”
- Must possess certification of completion of a State of Florida approved EVOC.
- NWCG S-130 & S-190
- ICS-100, 200, 700, 800
SALARY AND COMPETITIVE BENEFITS
- Starting Salary - $42,727 + FLSA (24 / 48 hour work schedule)
- Florida Retirement System
- Health, Dental, Vision, & Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays (11)
- Annual Life Scan physicals (NFPA 1582 – Compliant Physicals)
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled