Economic Development Specialist (Part Time)
Flagler County government is looking for a Part Time (12 hours a week) Economic Development Specialist to work in the Economic Opportunity Department who will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Executive Director of Economic Development. Incumbent in this classification functions at the expert level and will be accountable for the accuracy of both routine and non-routine, sensitive administrative support duties.
- Performs a variety of advanced administrative tasks, which require exceptional skills in planning, organization and the ability to multi-task.
- Performs and analyzes complex administrative problems and recommends solutions as dictated by the nature of the department.
- Receives telephone inquiries and concerns, ascertaining the nature of the call, and resolving personally or directing it to the appropriate individual or department, or acting as liaison to the Department Director.
- Performs a variety of critical record management duties, manages the department record retention system and filing systems of relevant materials appropriate to assigned department, e.g., payroll, accounts payable, departmental files, personnel records.
- Coordinates and assists in the departmental preparation of operating budget and requests documents.
- Researches, analyzes, makes recommendations, and prepares written and oral reports on short- and long-term economic development strategies.
- Assists in developing systems to collect, measure, and analyze data regarding economic conditions, resources, and opportunities for business creation and expansion.
- Prepares bid documents, grant applications and business proposals.
- Performs record and data cleanup/updates in Salesforce database as needed.
- Assists the Executive Director with phone and communications, providing timely, engaging interactions with board members, foundation and government representatives and senior executives in government and the private and non-profit sectors.
- Performs related duties as required.
Minimum qualifications: Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent.Supplemented by five (5) to seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience and/or training in administrative/secretarial support functions to include highly responsible experience in a support capacity. Experience with computer use in a Windows based environment required with the ability to type 45+ correct words per minute. Salesforce experience preferred. Valid Florida Driver’s License. Salary is $12.00 per hour. Please send completed County Application and resume to: Flagler County BOCC, Human Resources Department, 1769 E. Moody Blvd., #2, Bunnell, FL 32110 or apply online at www.flaglercounty.org. Position will remain open until filled. VP/EOE
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled