Construction Inspector: Flagler County Government is accepting resumes and completed County Employment Applications to work as a Construction Inspector in the Engineering Department.
Duties: Responsible inspectional work in assuring that roadways, structures, projects are in compliance with standards and specifications.
- Construction inspection of roadways, projects and structures.
- Observes, inspects and evaluates contractors’ work and tests and recommends corrective actions.
- Maintains a project workbook containing records of all job inspections, quantity work performed, work days and communications pertaining to the work and submits daily written report to supervisor.
- Reviews engineering plans.
- Assists in gathering and preparing survey data, field conditions evaluation, cost estimates of capital projects and maintenance projects.
- Attends pre-construction and construction meetings.
- Meets with contractors, residents and other entities on daily basis to ensure that all field issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Assess right-of-way issues for maintenance issues such as driveways, swales, resurfacing projects.
- Performs related work as required.
Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma or acceptable equivalency diploma. 5-years’ experience in construction or inspections of roadways and heavy constructions. Knowledge of codes, standards and regulatory requirements related to roadways and heavy construction. Ability to read, interpret and detect errors in construction plans, specifications and to compare them with various aspects of construction progress. Ability to gain knowledge of the existing water and drainage systems. Must have valid State of Florida Driver’s license. Salary $42,515 annually. Completed County Applications and resumes are being accepted at Flagler County Human Resources department, 1769 E. Moody Blvd., Bldg #2, Bunnell, FL 32110, or online at www.flaglercounty.org. Flagler County is a Drug-Free Workplace. EOE/VP. Position will remain open until filled.
ALL APPLICANTS OFFERED A POSITION OF EMPLOYMENT WILL BE REQUIRED TO COMPLETE A TOBACCO FREE AFFIDAVIT.
ANY APPLICANT THAT HAS USED TOBACCO PRODUCTS WIITHIIN ONE YEAR FROM THE DATE OF APPLICATION AND TEST POSITIVE FOR NICOTINE WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR EMPLOYMENT.
Under Florida law, all resumes become public records when received.
Flagler County is an Equal Opportunity Employer, a drug-free workplace, and Veteran’s preference will be granted, if applicable under Florida law.
Flagler County, Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Flagler County, Florida will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled