IT Support Specialist/Help Desk
INNOVATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST/Help Desk: Flagler County Government is accepting resumes and completed County Employment Applications to work as an IT Specialist in the Information Technology Division.
DUTIES INCLUDE: Under direct and/or minimal supervision, individual is responsible for supporting end user computing and telecommunication needs. Responsible for the installation and support of corporate workstation hardware and software at all County locations. Assists IT Coordinator in the installation and support of personal computers, printers, communications and new software. Assists with projects to evaluate and install new hardware and software. Regular contact with employees at all levels throughout the County, vendors, auditors and other subsidiaries.
- System support – responsible for day to day Help Desk support of County workstation hardware, software and local area network connectivity. Maintains an up to date and comprehensive knowledge of most County standard software. Provides timely user assistance and resolution of all technical problems that arise in supported systems. Troubleshoots and resolves most end user problems independently. Responsible for installing, upgrading and troubleshooting of personal computers, software, peripherals and supplies.
- System Maintenance – ensures that routine maintenance is performed on all equipment in area of responsibility either by self or by vendor. Coordinates with vendors for maintenance, repairs, upgrades and support contracts as needed.
- Cabling – install and troubleshoot voice and data cabling from the end user to the wiring closet patch panel, punch down block or demarc using basic tools and test equipment.
- Documentation – responsible for documentation, procedures, diagramming and inventory of systems in area of responsibility. Updates database of equipment inventory containing records of serial number, location and maintenance information.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications: High school graduate or equivalent, with a preference for additional training and education in computer technology or related field. Minimum of 2 years recent experience supporting personal computers or servers in a Microsoft Windows environment with advanced skills supporting Microsoft applications. Industry certifications are desirable, but not required. Must possess good troubleshooting and problem solving skills, have a good working knowledge of PC hardware, excellent verbal and written communication skills and a positive attitude toward customer service. Basic voice over IP (VoIP) telephone programming (moves, adds, changes), audio-visual equipment support, web programming and web graphics design desirable but not required. Salary $16.30 - $16.83 per hour DOE. A comparable amount of training, education or experience can be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
Mail completed County Applications and resumes to: Flagler County BOCC, Human Resources, 1769 E. Moody Blvd.#2, Bunnell, FL 32110 or apply online at www.flaglercounty.org. Position will remain open until filled. Flagler County is a Drug-Free Workplace. Applicants will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. EOE
This position serves as part of an on-call rotation for IT emergencies
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled