Pretrial Services Officer
Flagler County Government is accepting resumes and completed County Employment Applications to work as a Pretrial Services Officer in the Court Administrator's Office. This responsible, professional work involves case management duties for Pretrial Services in Flagler County. This position supervises and interviews defendants, researches criminal histories and prepares corresponding documentation for the Court’s consideration. The ideal candidate will possess:
- Knowledge of criminal justice system rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of jail booking and release procedures.
- Knowledge of laws and procedures relating to confidential court records.
- Knowledge of interviewing techniques.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with community social services and criminal justice partners.
- Ability to operate criminal justice information systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice, Social Science or related field or 4 years of related experience (or any combination of related education and experience). Must pass FDLE state certifications and NCIC/FCIC requirements. Two certifications must be obtained within one year of employment. One is the FDLE (Florida Department of Law Enforcement) CJIS (Criminal Justice Information System) certification and is at no expense to the employee. The other is the NAPSA (National Association of Pretrial Service Agencies) Pretrial Professional certification and is at the employee’s expense. Salary $32,427.20. Apply online at www.flaglercounty.org or send completed application and resume to: Flagler County BOCC, Human Resources Department, 1769 E. Moody Blvd., Bldg. 2, Bunnell, Fl. 32110. Flagler County is a Drug-Free Workplace. Applicants will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. VP/EOE
Position will close on December 1, 2017
Flagler County, Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Flagler County, Florida will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled