Posted on: October 11, 2016
Flagler County waives some building permit fees for work related to Matthew
October 11, 2016 – Flagler County will be waiving some building permit fees to fast-track the permitting process for those whose properties were damaged by Hurricane Matthew. The county will waive fees for permits that are related to hurricane damage until December 5. “We want to help people get their repairs made as quickly as possible,” Building Official Mark Boice said. “Certain things will not require a permit or inspection.”
Special exceptions will be made for the next 60 days in the following areas:
• Roofing (one) 1 square of shingles – 10 feet by 10 feet or less – no permit or plan review required
• Soffit and gutters – no permit required
• Fence repair or replacement – no permit required if the previous one was issued between 2006 and 2016
• Electrical repairs – permit required, but a plan review is not required
• A/C change-out – permit required
• Aluminum – permits are required
Contractors must be registered with Contractor Licensing to work in Flagler County. Proof of License and Liability Insurance is required.
Residents and business owners who have questions about either permits or inspections should call the Flagler County Building Department at 386-313-4002.
Flagler County Continues to operate a call center from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. at 386-586-5111.
The Red Cross has established a Hurricane Matthew hotline at 800-768-8048 to provide information about the resources available in every county.