1769 E. Moody Blvd.
Phone: (386) 313-4002
Fax: (386) 313-4102
Monday - Friday
7:30 am - 4:30 pm
The Building Department reviews building plans and conducts required building inspections, assesses potentially dangerous structures, and posts unsafe notices as needed.
The department also:
- Communicates with contractors, developers, citizens, and design professionals on code related issues, and maintains all permitting records as required by state law
- Provides a licensing program for locally licensed and registered contractors to work in Flagler County according to state law
- Monitors and regulates contractors' files to ensure proper licenses and insurance are in compliance with local and state regulations (when not in compliance, coordinates and notifies proper agencies of violations)
- Educates contractors and the public to the functions of the Building Department and associated codes, ordinances, laws, and rules
- Reviews plans and inspections for the Flagler County School Board and the City of Flagler Beach as requested through inter-local agreements
Flagler County has adopted Florida Building Code 2014 series and National Electrical Code 2011.
Master Plan Files 2012
Wind Speed Ordinance
Wind Speed Line Map
Mechanical Policy - Affadavit
Elevated Vanishing Edge Pools - Memo