Go To Search
Click to Home
Filing a Claim
How to File a Claim
To file a claim, the following information and documents are required:
  • Copy of discharge
  • Any service medical records in the veteran's possession (or copies)
  • Names, dates, places of treatment while in service
  • Medical records since date of separation, or names / addresses of doctors and hospitals and dates of that treatment
  • The following original documents or certified copies (state-issued) of:
    • Marriage certificate for the veteran to present spouse
    • Death certificate or divorce decrees for all prior marriages
    • Birth certificates for:
      • Minor children
      • Children 18-23 attending school full time
      • Dependent children who became helpless prior to age 18 abd continue to fit helpless criteria
  • Date and place of marriage for each prior marriage for veteran and spouse
  • Social Security numbers for veteran, spouse, and all dependent children
  • Dates of birth for veteran, spouse, and all dependent children
  • Names / addresses for:
    • Next of kin (nearest relative)
    • Two witnesses 
      • People who know about service connected injury
      • People who served with the veteran or who were there when it happened
      • Someone in company at the time
      • Family members the veteran contacted

Once all of this information has been gathered or for assistance, contact the Veteran Services Office at (386) 313-4014. The claim will take approximately an hour and a half to file.

HomeWebmasterQuestionsSitemapAccessibilityCopyright NoticesDisclaimer & Terms of UseRenewable Energy WindpoweredPowered by CivicPlus