Extension Services Director
150 Sawgrass Rd.
Ph: (386) 437-7464
Fx: (386) 586-2102
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
As an extension of the University of Florida, our job is to provide information to residents of Flagler County. Whether you need to learn how to care for your lawn, manage your money, prepare food safely, plant a citrus tree, or help youth develop leadership skills, the Flagler County Extension Service offers a wealth of practical information.
The University of Florida Extension Service is a branch of the University of Florida Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences
(IFAS) which helps apply the latest research and university expertise to solve problems. We have access to more than 2,000 subjects of interest. This expertise is available to everyone - small business owners, farmers, builders, homeowners, parents, children, and the general public.
The Flagler County Extension Service is a partnership among the University of Florida, Flagler County Board of County Commissioners
, and the federal government. Currently the Extension Service has a horticulture section, a family and consumer sciences section, a 4-H youth development section, agriculture, and a marine science section.
The Extension Service’s programming consists of:
Extension News on the go
- Seminars, demonstrations, and workshops
- Networking with educational and governmental agencies
- Speaking to garden clubs, service clubs, civic clubs, schools and community groups
- Newsletters and newspaper columns, personal contacts, farm visits
- Diagnostic services: soil testing, plant disease, and insect identification
- Training for extension volunteers